United States v. Robert Harrison (2014)
Amicus Brief of American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and ACLU of Maryland
Real-Time CSLI (E911)
Maine v. Kevin O'Donnell (2018)
Amicus Brief of American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), ACLU of Maine, Electronic Frontier Foundation, and Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
S.T.O.P. / RadTech Unwarranted Access: New York State Geolocation Ban
Where We Go from Here: The Third-Party Doctrine and Location Tracking After Carpenter
Megan Graham, Clinical Teaching Fellow, Samuelson Clinic for Law, Technology & Public Policy; Hon. Stephen Smith, Director of Fourth Amendment & Open Courts, Center for Internet and Society at Stanford Law School; Nathan Freed Wessler, Staff Attorney, ACLU Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project
Location Privacy after Carpenter
The Center on Privacy and Technology at Georgetown Law and the Fourth Amendment Center hosted a forum discussing location and cell phone privacy after the Supreme Court ruling in Carpenter v. United States.
Continue reading below
- Stingrays: The Most Common Surveillance Tool the Goverment Won't Tell You About: A Guide for Criminal Defense Lawyers (2014)
ACLU of Northern California
- Department of Homeland Security's Response to Senator Ron Wyden, regarding foreign IMSI catchers in the Capital Region
Department of Homeland Security, March 2018
- Law Enforcement Use of Cell-Site Simulation Technologies: Privacy Concerns and Recommendations
U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Committee Staff Report, December 2016
- U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform, Hearing on Geolocation Technology and Privacy
U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform, March 2016
- Pew: Americans increasingly use smartphones for more than voice calls, texting
90% of smartphone users get directions, recommendations, or other information related to location services
Pew Research Center, January 2016
- CALEA Compliance Manual for MetroPCS
MetroPCS, October 2006
- Sprint Law Enforcement Quick Reference Handbook
- Verizon, Law Enforcement Legal Compliance Guide
Verizon, April 2004
- Subpoena & Court Orders: Nextel's Guide for Law Enforcement
NEXTEL, August 2003
Pre-Trial Suppression & Fourth Amendment Issues
This Trial Guide is a topical and practical handbook examining the nuts and bolts of the most current Fourth Amendment & Pre-Trial Suppression issues encountered in modern criminal cases.
Defense Counsel Playbook for Eyewitness ID Cases
This Trial Guide was written to help counsel use existing case law to its strongest advantage, and to create a framework for appellate challenges urging courts to adopt leading cases.
Ultimate Cross 2.0
This special CLE compilation program includes the highest-rated presentations on Cross-Examination techniques from NACDL's most recent seminars (2017-2019).
Forensic Sciences in Criminal Cases: A Multidiscipline Primer
In order to challenge forensic evidence, experts, reports and findings commonly encountered in the courtroom, an attorney must first have a basic understanding of the forensic issues that they will be confronting.
This is a sponsored ad
Manage Your Law Firm All in One Place