Your membership helps NACDL advocate for criminal justice reform, and remain the preeminent organization in the United States advancing the mission of the nation’s criminal defense lawyers to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crimes or other misconduct.
As a member of NACDL, you are part of a network of criminal justice lawyers and advocates who value fairness, reforming flaws and inequities in the criminal justice system, and redressing systemic racism.
|First Time Member
|Former Member - Rejoining
|Download an Application
Membership unlocks access to member-only benefits, exclusive content, discounts, and more.
Here are some of the reasons NACDL members are among America's most knowledgeable, best-connected criminal defense lawyers:
- Connect, learn & strategize with other members on our discussion groups at NACDLConnect! Search past communications as well as participate in current discussions.
- Get ten issues of The Champion every year - read it on paper, online, or on your phone! Members can search archived issues online. What a great resource!
- Your membership pays for itself with discounts from our NACDL Affinity partners.
- COMING SOON: Updated and Reorganized Resource Center featuring case-based tools, forensics resources, an expert database, and postconviction materials; this fall. In the meantime, if you need assistance from NACDL’s Resource Counsel team who provides technical and substantive support to NACDL’s members, please contact email@example.com.
- Support the profession through NACDL's advocacy work in the legislatures and in the courts.
- The Daily Criminal Justice Briefing is is a digest of criminal justice articles from journals and media outlets, in your email inbox every day.
- Discounts on NACDL's top-notch, defense-only, CLE events.
- Discounts on NACDL educational products, including resource manuals and trial guides that cover a wide variety of topics and specialty areas.
- If you are threatened in any way for providing legal representation to a client - if you're subpoenaed, cited for contempt, hit with a bar grievance or a motion to disqualify you from a case the NACDL Strike Force will review your case, at no cost.
- NACDL has partnered with Association Health Programs (AHP) to offer NACDL members a variety of health insurance programs.
- Build your network of contacts, sharpen your leadership skills, and maximize your membership investment by joining an NACDL Committee, Task Force, or discussion group.
- Receive llitigation assistance in cases raising new Fourth Amendment concerns through NACDL's Fourth Amendment Center.
Share your knowledge and practical tips by writing an article for The Champion.
Please Note: Annual Dues may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense for federal income tax purposes. NADCL estimates that 1% of your total membership dues are allocable to lobbying activities of the Association and therefore not deductible for income tax purposes as ordinary and necessary business expense. $90 of annual dues applies to a one-year subscription to The Champion. Contributions to the NACDL Foundation for Criminal Justice are fully tax-deductible.