NACDL to Focus on Service and Support for Members, Clients, and Community Throughout Virus EmergencyLearn More
Resources on sentencing and possible reform:
Pre-Trial Suppression & Fourth Amendment Issues
This Trial Guide is a topical and practical handbook examining the nuts and bolts of the most current Fourth Amendment & Pre-Trial Suppression issues encountered in modern criminal cases.
Defense Counsel Playbook for Eyewitness ID Cases
This Trial Guide was written to help counsel use existing case law to its strongest advantage, and to create a framework for appellate challenges urging courts to adopt leading cases.
Ultimate Cross 2.0
This special CLE compilation program includes the highest-rated presentations on Cross-Examination techniques from NACDL's most recent seminars (2017-2019).
Forensic Sciences in Criminal Cases: A Multidiscipline Primer
In order to challenge forensic evidence, experts, reports and findings commonly encountered in the courtroom, an attorney must first have a basic understanding of the forensic issues that they will be confronting.
News of Interest
- "Opinion: I’m in NC’s largest women’s prison. So are drugs, brutal heat, broken toilets and COVID-19,"
- "'Trial Penalty’ Claim Nixed as 5th Cir. Upholds 20-Year Sentence,"
- "A jury sentenced him to 74 years in prison. Some now say it wasn’t their choice.,"
- "Norman Reimer: AG candidates must discuss fixing ‘trial penalty’,"
- "“You Can Never Get That Time Back”: Solitary Confinement Is Devastating for Incarcerated Mothers and Their Children,"