Experience the many resources and benefits that NACDL has to offer.
Note: To access most of the links on this page, you will need to be logged into https://nacdl.org as a member. You can log in with your email address. If you don't know your password, just click Reset Password on the login screen and enter your primary NACDL email address. You will immediately receive an email containing a link to change your password. Please check your spam folders if you don't see it right away.
- Update your member profile to help you network and promote your practice
- Find your peers in the NACDL member-to-member directory
- Explore past issues of our highly-acclaimed member magazine, The Champion®
- Sign up for NACDLConnect, NACDL's online discussion platform designed to connect you with your colleagues
- Learn how to participate in NACDL Committees and Task Forces
- Stay up-to-date on NADL policy and legislative initiatives by signing up for Take Action Alerts
- Check out the exclusive discounts available to you through NACDL's Affinity Partner programs
- Recieve members-only discount on NACDL products designed to enhance your criminal defense practice
- Take advantage of reduced registration fees for industry-leading NACDL CLE seminars
- Share your knowledge and practical tips by writing an article for The Champion® (see submission guidelines)
- Submit a brief for the Case Based Tools Resource
- Download the latest episode of NACDL's podcast series "The Criminal Docket" which provides a rundown of the highlights in criminal justice news and much more
- Follow NACDL on social media to keep up with the lastest news related to the criminal justice system (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Ustream, YouTube, Medium)
- Introduce yourself to other NACDL members by posting a message on NACDLConnect
- Learn how NACDL is leading the way for meaningful criminal justice reform through its amicus curiae program
If you have questions about how to take advantage of your benefits, or if we can be of service in any way, please contact NACDL's member services department: email@example.com or 202-872-4001. We're always happy to hear from you.
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.