Show Your Support
1) Record a short video (up to 60 seconds) sharing your message on ONE of these topics:
- Public Defense Pride: Tell us
- Why you are proud to be a public defense lawyer?
- Share a positive memory or story about your work in public defense/My best moment as a public defense lawyer is… (Please be respectful of client privacy and do not use names or specific case identifiers)
- The most rewarding part about my work in public defense is...
- I am inspired to do this work because...?
- Myth Busting: Put an end to common misconceptions about public defense/public defense lawyers.
- What is a common misconception people have about public defense/public defense lawyers (and what is the truth)?
- What is something important people should know about public defense/public defense lawyers?
- The Power of public defense/The role of public defense.
- Why does public defense/public defense lawyers matter? What critical role do public defense/public defense lawyers play?
- What does it mean to be a public defender today?
- Why/How does public defense further justice, equity, social justice?
2) Complete the form below to get a link and upload your video.
- Make sure the File Name of your video matches the file name you submit on the form.
- Learn more about how to make and upload your video by checking out our guidelines.
3) Follow @NACDL. Throughout March we will share your public defense videos on social media.
Upload your video by March 3rd and you will be entered to win some NACDL Public Defense Swag!
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!