REPRISE, A ROC NATION ALBUM, featuring acclaimed artists Rapsody, Vic Mensa, Jorja Smith, Chronixx, D Smoke GATGAT and more deliver poignant messages about injustice. REPRISE, A ROC NATION ALBUM, a collection of songs curated by Roc Nation, was released with the goal of bringing awareness to social justice issues. Proceeds will go to the NACDL Foundation for Criminal Justice and a handful of other select organizations that are working for criminal justice reform.
The organizations supported by REPRISE include:
- NACDL Foundation for Criminal Justice (NFCJ) Law Enforcement Accountability Database Project
- The Gathering For Justice
- Until Freedom
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Grassroots Law Project
Music has always provided the soundtrack to the revolution. REPRISE, a musical protest, will bring awareness to social injustice. Songs such as “We Shall Overcome,” “Black and I’m Proud,” “Inner City Blues,” “They Don’t Care About Us,” “Alright,” and many more were created to express views on racism and protest. This collection of work is artist storytelling of their shared experiences.
- Ambre (ft Buddy) || Revolution: New Orleans native singer/songwriter, Ambre links with up and coming artist Buddy for the Keys N Krates produced track.
- Ant Clemons (ft Ty Dolla Sign & Nia Miranda) || Sullen Sunday: Multi-platinum singer / songwriter, Ant Clemons partners with Ty Dolla Sign and producers Skrillex & Virtual Riot. Nia Miranda was recorded during a protest near the Grove in Los Angeles
- VIC MENSA (ft Malik Yusef & Wyatt Waddell) || NO MORE TEARDROPS: Vic Mensa invites Grammy Award winning songwriter/artist Malik Yusef and up and comer Chicago up & comer Wyatt Waddell onto “No More Teadrops” produced by Larrance Dopson (1500 Or Nothin), Kosine (Big Sean, Justin Beiber, Jennifer Lopez), Keyon Christ (Rihanna, Lil Yachty), Chicago native Young Chop (LIl Durk), Johan Lennox (Big Sean, Teyana Taylor) and Charlie Bereal (Rick Ross, Jamie Foxx)
- Rapsody || 12 Problems: Grammy nominated and critically acclaimed artist , Rapsody works with Don Cannon (Lil Uzi Vert, Meek Mill) and the production duo Cubeatz (Travis Scott, Drake, Eminem)
- Sebastian Kole & Jason Evigan || Second Line: Sebastian Kole, artist, producer and songwriter who has worked with Alessia Cara, Fifth Harmony, Alicia Keys and Dua Lipa is joined by multi-platinum producer and songwriter Jason Evigan who has worked with Maroon 5, Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez, Nicki Minaj, Ellie Goulding and several others
- King Mel || Me vs. America: King Mel (Melvin Ingram), is currently a defensive end for the Los Angeles Chargers, delivers strong rhymes.
- Jorja Smith || By Any Means: Critically acclaimed, singer-songwriter Jorja Smith creates an amazing message with rising producer Ezra.
- AJ Tracey & Unknown T || Black & Proud: AJ Tracey and Unknown Trap on the Remedee (Kojo Funds and Not3s) and TSB (Stormzy, Tion Wayne) produced “Black & Proud.”
- Chronixx || Another Youth: Grammy nominee Chronixx delivers poignant words with the Teflon & Illy Tha Great produced, “Another Youth”
- Buju Banton || All Will Be Fine: Grammy award winning artist Buju Banton contributes with the self produced “All Will Be Fine”
- Ant Clemons & D Smoke (ft Maeta) || Common Sense: Ant Clemons, D Smoke and Maeta come together on “Common Sense,” produced by Rance from 1500 or Nothin and Brian Kennedy, both of whom are multi-platinum/Grammy Award Winning producers [Rance has worked with Kendrick Lamar, Ella Mai, Justin Timberlake while Kennedy has worked with Rihanna, Kelly Rowland, and countless others]
- Ambre (ft D Smoke) || Revolution (Reprise): D Smokeopens up alongside Ambreto beautifully conclude REPRISE.
Cover Art painted by Malik Roberts and Creative Directed by Lena Waithe, Vic Mensa, and Rishi Rajani.
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!