The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers is looking for an enthusiastic and productive law student intern with a commitment to criminal defense issues to engage in a variety of projects related to federal policy analysis, nonprofit advocacy, and criminal defense scholarship. The Tiffany May Joslyn White Collar Crime Policy Internship was created in memory and honor of Tiffany Joslyn’s significant contributions to the cause of criminal justice reform, particularly in the areas of white collar and regulatory crime, overcriminalization, and the erosion of due process protections in the criminal justice system. This internship will afford a law student specifically interested in the area of white collar crime and policy with the opportunity to work directly with and learn first-hand from leaders in the field at NACDL.
The internship is part-time, and will last the duration of the semester. Exact schedule is flexible according to the student's academic schedule. This internship is based in downtown Washington, DC.
The scope of this internship will cover, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring and responding to legislative, regulatory, and other policy developments, including congressional hearings and markups, federal rulemakings, relevant litigation, and other events;
- In-depth legal and legislative research, analysis and drafting; and
- Development and drafting of policy and advocacy materials, including bill analyses, fact sheets, and talking points, for use in lobbying activities and outreach.
- Current law student in the Washington, D.C. area during the fall or spring semester
- Strong legal research and writing skills
- Demonstrated interest in criminal justice issues, specifically in the white collar context
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample (3-5 pages) in order to be considered for this internship to Nathan Pysno at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they come in and we will not hold the position open for any specific time period. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Continue reading below