- A Second Look at Injustice, The Sentencing Project, May 2021.
- States Can Shorten Probation and Protect Public Safety, Pew Charitable Trusts, Dec. 2020, Updated April 2021.
- How New York Lags Behind: Parole Reforms in Other States, New Yorkers United for Justice, March 2021.
- Rigging the Jury: How Each State Reduces Jury Diversity by Excluding People with Criminal Records, Prison Policy Initiative, Feb. 2021.
- Who Must Pay to Regain the Vote? A 50-State Survey, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, Nov. 2020.
- 2020 National State Ratings Report: Human Rights Protections for Children in the U.S. Justice System, Human Rights for Kids, October 2020.
- Pathways to Reintegration: Criminal Record Reforms in 2019, Collateral Consequences Resource Center, February 2020.
- Laying the Groundwork: How States Can Improve Access to Continued Education for People in the Criminal Justice System, Council of State Governments Justice Center, February 2020.
- Criminal Justice Policy Program at Harvard Law School - 50-state Criminal Justice Debt Builder.
- Confined and Costly: How Supervision Violations Are Filling Prisons and Burdening Budgets, The Council of State Governments Justice Center, July 2019.
- Reimagining Prison Report, Vera Institute of Justice, October 2018.
- Smart Justice 50-State Blueprints, American Civil Liberties Union, October 2018.
- Overcriminalizing America: An Overview and Model Legislation for States, Manhattan Institute, August 2018.
- Breaking Down Mass Incarceration in the 2010 Census: State-by-State Incarceration Rates by Race/Ethnicity, Prison Policy Initiative, May 2014.
- Tracking State Prison Growth in 50 States, Prison Policy Initiative, May 2014.
- 50 State Incarceration Profiles, Prison Policy Initiative, May 2014.
- Trends in Sentencing and Corrections: State Legislation, by Alison Lawrence, National Conference of State Legislatures, July 2013.
This is a sponsored ad
Manage Your Law Firm All in One Place
Pattern Cross-Examination for DNA and Biological Evidence: A Trial Strategy Guide
NACDL’s Pattern Cross-Examination for DNA and Biological Evidence will assist criminal defense practitioners in scoring points when cross-examining forensic experts in cases involving DNA and biological evidence. This resource contains thousands of questions that will help defense lawyers cross-examine challenging witnesses without reinventing the wheel with each new case. It includes pattern questions that can be used to dominate prosecution DNA experts and level the playing field at trial.
Cross-Examination of the Analyst in Drug Prosecutions (2nd Ed.) By James M. Shellow
Now in its second edition with some new material, James M. Shellow’s book offers what its title promises: ways of thinking about cross-examining the forensic analysts in drug cases. But the book is so much more than that. It offers a look inside the mind of one of the finest cross-examiners and defense lawyers the United States has produced in the last seventy years. This small book can inspire and direct you in making big changes in the way you defend your clients and think about the entire project of trying any case.
Justice For All, Justice Now White T-Shirt (Women’s)
This custom, vintage-faded NACDL t-shirt is 50% polyester, 25% cotton, and 25% rayon weighing 5.2 oz. and is lightwieght, flexible and soft, providing maximum comfort. It features the "Justice For All, Justice Now" slogan and Lady Liberty image on the front, with the NACDL logo on the back. Currently available in both men's and women's sizes in both black and white colors. View the full line-up of colors and sizes on our online store, as well as our other popular and best-selling t-shirt designs at: nacdl.org/store.
Drug Cases Resource Materials Collection - CD-ROM
NACDL’s Drug Cases Resource Materials Collection is the sweeping culmination of every single article of written materials ever published from each installment of NACDL's annual "Defending Modern Drug Cases" seminar. Totaling over 12,000 pages, this vast collection includes 12+ years of motions, briefs, reports, outlines, transcripts, case citations, scholarly articles, powerpoints and other written commentaries. This collection provides trial strategies and tactics you can immediately apply to your current cases.
Mental Illness & the Law: Addressing and Litigating Behavioral Health Disorders in Criminal Cases
Whether it is insanity, impairment, a disorder, or adolescent brain development; mental health and intellectual competence issues affect pretrial supervision, trial and sentencing, and your chances of successfully advocating for your impaired client. This training provides ideas and proven solutions to assist you in advocating for your client during trial, whether it be insanity defenses, jury selection, cross of expert witnesses, persuasion, or mitigation at sentencing.