- "Let grand jurors decline indictment when law is too harsh, ABA House resolves," by Debra Cassens Weiss, ABA Journal, February 11, 2013.
- "In D.C. Circuit, Ex-Grand Juror Fights Federal Prosecutor, Court Official," The Blog of LegalTimes, October 12, 2012.
- "Try fugitives, use indicting grand juries, expert urges," Philly.com, April 24, 2012.
- "Grand jury witness immune from civil suits, Court says," The National Law Journal, April 2, 2012.
- Debate: Is it Time for Grand Jury Reform? (featuring past NACDL President Gerald Lefcourt starting around 13:35), Justice Talking, NPR, May 5, 2008. [Play or Download MP3]
- "Grand juries: A vital tool or in need of reform?," Detroit Free Press, January 3, 2012.
- "A Fairer and More Democratic Federal Grand Jury System," Federal Sentencing Register, June 2008;
- "Grand Jury Investigations: A Guide for In-House Counsel," by Jay Brozost and Lawrence Goldman, ACCA Docket, July/August 2003
- "Help I've Been Subpoenaed!," by Gerald Lefcourt, ACCA Docket, Oct. 2002
- "Grand Juries: Indictment of a System," ABA Journal, Jan. 2001
- "Time to Reform the Grand Jury", The Champion, Jan./Feb. 1999
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!