- "Let grand jurors decline indictment when law is too harsh, ABA House resolves," by Debra Cassens Weiss, ABA Journal, February 11, 2013.
- "In D.C. Circuit, Ex-Grand Juror Fights Federal Prosecutor, Court Official," The Blog of LegalTimes, October 12, 2012.
- "Try fugitives, use indicting grand juries, expert urges," Philly.com, April 24, 2012.
- "Grand jury witness immune from civil suits, Court says," The National Law Journal, April 2, 2012.
- Debate: Is it Time for Grand Jury Reform? (featuring past NACDL President Gerald Lefcourt starting around 13:35), Justice Talking, NPR, May 5, 2008. [Play or Download MP3]
- "Grand juries: A vital tool or in need of reform?," Detroit Free Press, January 3, 2012.
- "A Fairer and More Democratic Federal Grand Jury System," Federal Sentencing Register, June 2008;
- "Grand Jury Investigations: A Guide for In-House Counsel," by Jay Brozost and Lawrence Goldman, ACCA Docket, July/August 2003
- "Help I've Been Subpoenaed!," by Gerald Lefcourt, ACCA Docket, Oct. 2002
- "Grand Juries: Indictment of a System," ABA Journal, Jan. 2001
- "Time to Reform the Grand Jury", The Champion, Jan./Feb. 1999
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.