Exclusive Benefits for Affiliated Organizations:
- Ability to put local Affiliate News in The Champion
- Ability to promote your local CLEs in NACDL's CLE Calendar in The Champion and online
- Free Annual Subscription to The Champion magazine for your Executive Director
- Assistance locating potential speakers for your local seminars
- Access to NACDLConnect - an NACDL hosted listserv for engaging, sharing, and communicatnig with all other Affiliate leaders
- Subscription to NACDL's E-News
- Access to the lobbying assistance and benefits of the State Criminal Justice Network
- Assistance designing and distributing local legislative alerts and more to promote criminal justice reform at the state level.
- Review the dates of national CLE's to avoid conflicts
- Access to Online Briefs & Motions Bank
- Host a NACDL quarterly meeting in your town and your statewide members will receive significantly reduced seminar rates
- Profit-sharing incentives for assisting NACDL in the promotion of our events
- Receive annually, (2) free NACDL memberships to auction-off at your fundraisers
- Receive annually, (1) free NACDL seminar to auction-off at your fundraisers
- Increase your statewide membership by working with our national staff on joint membership recruitment
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.