MEMBERSHIP MAKES A DIFFERENCE
When you belong to NACDL, you take a stand for a fair, rational, and humane criminal justice system: for redressing systemic racism, for fairness in charging and sentencing, for protection of the Fourth and Sixth Amendments, and for elimination of the death penalty.
You also take a step toward enhancing your own career though the networking, peer support, and educational tools NACDL provides.
Your membership helps NACDL advocate for criminal justice reform, and remain the preeminent organization in the United States advancing the mission of the nation’s criminal defense lawyers to ensure justice and due process for persons accused of crimes or other misconduct.
Bonus: Get your first year of NACDL Membership for just $99!
Use Special Offer Code DT99 to get this great offer!
(Full-time attorney at government PD office or legal services nonprofit only.)
As a member of NACDL, you are part of a network of criminal justice lawyers and advocates who value fairness, reforming flaws and inequities in the criminal justice system, and redressing systemic racism.
|First Time Member|
|Former Member - Rejoining|
|Download an Application|
Membership unlocks access to member-only benefits, exclusive content, discounts, and more.
Here are some of the reasons NACDL members are among America's most knowledgeable, best-connected criminal defense lawyers:
- Connect, learn & strategize with other members on our discussion groups at NACDLConnect! Search past communications as well as participate in current discussions.
- Get issues of The Champion - read it on paper, online, or on your phone! Members can search archived issues online. What a great resource!
- Your membership pays for itself with discounts from our NACDL Affinity partners.
- Updated and Reorganized Resource Center featuring case-based tools, forensics resources, an expert database, and postconviction materials; this fall.
- Support the profession through NACDL's advocacy work in the legislatures and in the courts.
- The Daily Criminal Justice Briefing is is a digest of criminal justice articles from journals and media outlets, in your email inbox every day.
- Discounts on NACDL's top-notch, defense-only, CLE events.
- Discounts on NACDL educational products, including resource manuals and trial guides that cover a wide variety of topics and specialty areas.
- If you are threatened in any way for providing legal representation to a client - if you're subpoenaed, cited for contempt, hit with a bar grievance or a motion to disqualify you from a case the NACDL Strike Force will review your case, at no cost.
- NACDL has partnered with Association Health Programs (AHP) to offer NACDL members a variety of health insurance programs.
- Build your network of contacts, sharpen your leadership skills, and maximize your membership investment by joining an NACDL Committee, Task Force, or discussion group.
- Receive litigation assistance in cases raising new Fourth Amendment concerns through NACDL's Fourth Amendment Center.
- Share your knowledge and practical tips by writing an article for The Champion.
- Support NACDL as it leads the way through its Amicus Curiae program.
More About NACDL Membership
Make the Most of your Membership
What NACDL Members Say About Us
Please Note: Annual Dues may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense for federal income tax purposes. NACDL estimates that 1% of your total membership dues are allocable to lobbying activities of the Association and therefore not deductible for income tax purposes as ordinary and necessary business expense. $90 of annual dues applies to a one-year subscription to The Champion. Contributions to the NACDL Foundation for Criminal Justice are fully tax-deductible.
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!