Over the past 50 years, NACDL has fought against the egregious policies of overcriminalization, harsh sentencing, prosecutorial and law enforcement misconduct, and racial discrimination that destroy the lives of individuals swept into the system, devastate families, and damage communities.
NACDL’s projects confront the causes and impact of mass incarceration from all sides. Included in this work, NACDL works to:
- Battle Overcriminalization
- Defend Public Defense and the Right to Counsel
- Expose Police Misconduct
- Fight for Our Right to Trial
- Recognize and Redress Racial Disparities
- Restore Rights and Eradicate Collateral Consequences of a Conviction
- Return Incarcerated Individuals to Freedom
- Safeguard Privacy
- Take a Second Look at Sentencing
- ….and so much more!
Please help support our work today!