Don't see an answer to your question here? Email us at: email@example.com.
- Do I have to be a member of NACDL?
- I am a private attorney who accepts court-appointed cases. Can I receive assistance?
- I am a private attorney who does not accept court-appointed cases but need financial assistance to attend a training. Can I receive assistance?
- Are public defender support staff such as investigators, mitigation specialists, or social workers eligible for scholarship funds?
- Are law students eligible for scholarship funds?
- I have received a scholarship from NACDL in the past, may I get funding again?
- Can I apply for a Public Defense Scholarship to attend a non-NACDL program?
- How many scholarships are available for each program?
- When are applications due?
- How are applications evaluated?
- Must I use the public defense scholarship application form to apply?
- How do I know if my application was received?
- How will I know if I receive a scholarship?
- May I apply for public defense scholarship funds to more than one program?
- A group of people from my office would like to apply for funds, can we apply together?
- I am a supervisor or leader of a defender office and would like to send several of my attorneys to a training program. Can I apply for scholarships on their behalf?
- If I was awarded a registration scholarship, do I still have to register for the program?
- My office is paying for my registration, can they be reimbursed directly?
- Can my scholarship funds be advanced to allow me to pay my registration and/or travel expenses?
- What documentation do I need to submit to receive my scholarship reimbursement?
- What expenses can be reimbursed?
- What expenses cannot be reimbursed?
- I submitted my reimbursement paperwork, how long will it be before I receive payment?
If you have additional questions about NACDL's Public Defense Scholarship please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a sponsored ad
Manage Your Law Firm All in One Place
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!