- Asset Seizures in the Sunflower State: How Civil Asset Forfeiture Imperils People’s Rights in Kansas, Americans for Prosperity Foundation (May 2022)
- Frustrating, Corrupt, Unfair: Civil Forfeiture in the Words of Its Victims, Institute for Justice (October 2021)
- Does Forfeiture Work? Evidence from the States, Institute for Justice (February 2021)
- Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture, Institute for Justice (December 2020)
- Forfeiture Transparency & Accountability: State-by-State and Federal Report Cards, Institute for Justice (Updated November 2020)
- Jetway Robbery? Homeland Security and Cash Seizures at Airports, Institute for Justice (July 2020)
- Fighting Crime or Raising Revenue? Testing Opposing Views of Forfeiture, Institute for Justice (June 2019)
- Forfeiture in Arizona: An Institute for Justice Analysis of FY2018 Reporting Data, Institute for Justice (December 2018)
- Civil Forfeiture, Crime Fighting and Safeguards for the Innocent: An Analysis of Department of Justice Forfeiture Data, Institute for Justice (December 2018)
- ACLU Policy Brief: Civil Asset Forfeiture: Profiting from California’s Most Vulnerable, ACLU of Northern California (May 2016)
- Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture, Institute for Justice (November 2015)
- Arresting Your Property: How Civil Asset Forfeiture Turns Police Into Profiteers, The Heritage Foundation (June 2015)
- Above the Law: An Investigation of Civil Asset Forfeiture in California, Drug Policy Alliance (April 2015)
A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence: A Trial Practice Handbook for Criminal Defense Attorneys
This Guide to Federal Evidence is the only federal evidence handbook written exclusively for criminal defense lawyers. The Guide analyzes each Federal Rule of Evidence and outlines the main evidentiary issues that confront criminal defense lawyers. It also summarizes countless defense favorable cases and provides tips on how to avoid common evidentiary pitfalls. The Guide contains multiple user-friendly flowcharts aimed at helping the criminal defense lawyer tackle evidence problems. A Defender’s Guide to Federal Evidence is an indispensable tool in preparing a case for trial.
Modern Digital Evidence & Technologies in Criminal Cases
Modern cases need modern defenses, and modern lawyers can't practice with an outdated playbook. This program is a contemporary training that identifies emerging technologies and digital evidence encountered in today's criminal cases and arms you with the tools necessary to combat expert witnesses, prosecutorial overreach, and an uneducated judge and jury. This comprehensive CLE program covers both general aspects of new technologies as well as practical courtroom application and legal challenges to the use of these new technologies.
Top Shelf DUI Defenses: The Law, The Science, The Techniques (2021)
If you are serious about being an effective DUI defense advocate, or if you’re considering adding DUI defenses to your portfolio, you need to know the latest scientific and legal strategies to optimize your success at trial. Learn from the best-of-the-best in the field in this unique CLE Program, updated for 2021.
Defending Modern Drug Cases (2021)
From challenging the arrest and seizure to picking a jury and cross-examining police officers, defense attorneys handling drug cases must be able to construct a defense that will increase the chances of the client getting a positive result for your client.
Effective motion practice, juror selection, and storytelling have never been more important. This seminar will introduce defense counsel to techniques that have been used at recent drug trials to rebut specific claims and overcome the emotion created in today’s criminal legal system.