- Asset Seizures in the Sunflower State: How Civil Asset Forfeiture Imperils People’s Rights in Kansas, Americans for Prosperity Foundation (May 2022)
- Frustrating, Corrupt, Unfair: Civil Forfeiture in the Words of Its Victims, Institute for Justice (October 2021)
- Does Forfeiture Work? Evidence from the States, Institute for Justice (February 2021)
- Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture, Institute for Justice (December 2020)
- Forfeiture Transparency & Accountability: State-by-State and Federal Report Cards, Institute for Justice (Updated November 2020)
- Jetway Robbery? Homeland Security and Cash Seizures at Airports, Institute for Justice (July 2020)
- Fighting Crime or Raising Revenue? Testing Opposing Views of Forfeiture, Institute for Justice (June 2019)
- Forfeiture in Arizona: An Institute for Justice Analysis of FY2018 Reporting Data, Institute for Justice (December 2018)
- Civil Forfeiture, Crime Fighting and Safeguards for the Innocent: An Analysis of Department of Justice Forfeiture Data, Institute for Justice (December 2018)
- ACLU Policy Brief: Civil Asset Forfeiture: Profiting from California’s Most Vulnerable, ACLU of Northern California (May 2016)
- Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture, Institute for Justice (November 2015)
- Arresting Your Property: How Civil Asset Forfeiture Turns Police Into Profiteers, The Heritage Foundation (June 2015)
- Above the Law: An Investigation of Civil Asset Forfeiture in California, Drug Policy Alliance (April 2015)
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!