- NACDL Model Order Pursuant to the Due Process Protections Act of 2020 (January 2021)
- NACDL Model Open Discovery Bill (August 2014)
- NACDL Proposed 18 USC § 3014, Duty to Disclose Favorable Information & Commentary (May 2011)
- NACDL & NYCDL Letter re Proposed Amendments to Rule 16 (March 1, 2016)
- Brady-Giglio Guide for Prosecutors, American College of Trial Lawyers Federal Criminal Procedure Committee (2021)
- Resolution In Support Of Establishing Efficient And Fair Criminal Law Discovery Practices, American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) (2018)
- Resolution and Report regarding disclosure rules, American Bar Association (August 8-9, 2011)
- Judge Emmet G. Sullivan’s Letter to Hon. Richard C. Tallman, Judicial Conference Advisory Committee on the Rules of Criminal Procedure, Proposing Rule 16 Reform (April 28, 2009)
- American College of Trial Lawyers, “Proposed Codification of Disclosure of Favorable Information Under Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure 11 and 16” (March 2003)
Cross-Examination Trial Pack
NACDL’s new Cross-Examination Trial Pack includes three of our best-selling Cross-Examination resources: “Damage Control: Situational Cross-Examination Techniques Trial Guide”, "Ultimate Cross 2.0: Audio Recordings & Written Materials" and "Sample Cross-Examination Questions."
This masterful collection of cross-examination resources provide countless tips, techniques and strategies for a variety of criminal case-specific scenarios. Learn to cross-examine a variety of trial witnesses!
Death Investigation: Forensic Pathology in the Courtroom and Cause & Manner of Death (2022)
This unique program provides criminal defense lawyers with an accurate and clear overview of forensic pathology and the countless factors to consider in a death investigation and will methodically explain what happens during an autopsy to determine cause and manner of death.
You'll uncover the different types of medicolegal death investigations, what to request from your MDI expert, quality benchmarks for accreditation and certification, guidelines and standards, common terminology and frequently asked questions.
The Psychology of Persuasion & Storytelling for Criminal Defense Lawyers
This Trial Resource Guide is a masterful collection of practical tips, techniques and strategies focused solely on using the arts and sciences of persuasion to improve your storytelling skills at trial.
You'll learn how to master the ability to communicate with juries, deliver powerful openings and closings, perform convincing cross-examinations, use effective courtroom choreography and non-verbal communication, identify and develop the optimal theme and theory for your case, and offer compelling arguments during mitigation and sentencing.
Zealous Advocacy in Sexual Assault & Child Victims Cases (2022)
Defending charges of sexual assault and child abuse can be daunting — but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be.
Every year, NACDL identifies the hottest topics and most pressing issues when defending these cases, and brings-in nationally-renowned lawyers and experts to help you prepare for battle. This year’s 13th Annual Defending Sex Cases training program is our best yet; packed with topics and speakers you won’t want to miss!