Preview of Member Only Content
For full access: or Become a Member
By Jack King
NACDL News columns.
The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, in conjunction with the Constitution Project and 25 other organizations and individuals, spent this past summer and fall developing criminal justice and national security policy recommendations for the next administration.
The criminal justice policy catalog is entitled “Smart on Crime: Recommendations for the Next Administration and Congress.” A broad group of experts vetted these recommendations to assess their substantive and political viability. For each issue area, the report:
- Identifies and summarizes the problems to be addressed;
- Evaluates possible solutions and identifies potential areas of agreement;
- Notes potential supporters of the identified solutions and discusses opposing arguments;
- Identifies experts who can provide further analysis; and
- Provides hyperlinks to other materials that explore the issues in greater depth.
The first few sections of “Smart on Crime” provide a broad overview of the criminal justice system as i
Want to read more?
The Champion archive is reserved for NACDL members.
NACDL members, please login to read the rest of this article.
Not a member? Join now.
Or click here to see an overview of NACDL Member benefits.
See what NACDL members say about us.
To read the current issue of The Champion in its entirety, click here.
- Media inquiries: Contact NACDL's Director of Public Affairs & Communications Ivan J. Dominguez at 202-465-7662 or email@example.com
- Academic Requests: Full articles of The Champion Magazine are available for academic and research purposes in the WestLaw and LexisNexis databases.