2008-09 Officers and Newly Elected Board of Directors Members Sworn in at Annual Meeting
NACDL elected and swore in its new Officers and Board of Directors members at its annual conference. Amicus Committee Co-Chair and Stanford Law School Professor Jeffery Fisher was awarded the 28th annual Robert C. Heeney Memorial Award, NACDL''s most prestigious honor. Past Presidents James Shellow and Jim Willis were awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards. Marshall J. Hartmann was awarded the Champion of Indigent Defense Award. Eighth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals Judge Morris S. Arnold was awarded the Judicial Recognition Award.
Election Results are below:
Board of Directors
- Blair Brown (Washington, DC)
- William H. Buckman (Moorestown, NJ)
- Anthony Cotton (Waukesha, WI)
- William O. -Bill- James, Jr. (Little Rock, AR)
- Rick Jones (New York, NY)
- Mark J. Mahoney (Buffalo, NY)
- Ken Murray (Phoenix, AZ)
- Deja Vishny (Milwaukee, WV)
- Geneva Vanderhorst (Washington, DC)
Board of Directors Members Richard Jaffe and Penelope Strong were selected to serve on the Executive Committee.