Downloadable PDF Application
NACDL is the nation’s preeminent community serving the criminal defense profession. At a time when everyone is looking at their budget surgically, NACDL provides real value to criminal defense lawyers.
NACDL members are among America’s best-connected, most knowledgeable criminal defense attorneys. Here are a few of the ways you can benefit:
Opportunities to Connect
- Network, share information and discuss strategy with other attorneys through our new member discussion groups at NACDLConnect!.
- NACDL's Member-to-Member Directory provides full contact information for all members, and is accessible to members only
- NACDL Edge - NACDL's app for iPhone, iPad and Android - gives you 24/7 access to the NACDL Newsfeed, membership directory, articles from the current issue of The Champion, and more!
- NACDL's free, public Find-A-Lawyer Directory makes it easy for prospective clients to find you - and can be linked to your website!
- If you are ever subpoenaed, cited for contempt, hit with a bar grievance or a motion to disqualify you from a case arising from representation of a criminal client, NACDL's Lawyers Assistance Strike Force will help provide counsel and representation to you at no cost.
Opportunities to Learn
- Get the information you need each day in our Daily Criminal Justice Briefing, comprising stories on criminal defense from journals and media outlets across the country.
- Membership in NACDL saves you time on research by providing access to our Resource Counsel and a searchable Brief & Motion Bank that contains almost 400 documents on over 50 topics – and more are being added every day.
- NACDL's acclaimed magazine The Champion keeps you up-to-date on the latest trends and decisions that affect your work in criminal defense.
- As an NACDL member, you'll also have full access to The Champion online archive.
- You can attend NACDL's top-notch CLE events at discounted rates. If you don't have time to attend, NACDL offers video and audio recordings of all its CLE seminars at an attractive discount for members when you order online from the NACDL Store.
Opportunities to Save
- NACDL maintains partnerships with a whole host of companies and services that defense attorneys use every day, and most offer substantial discounts to NACDL members. One member told me he could make back his dues just on the discounts. See the full list of savings.
Opportunities to Influence Public Policy
- Your membership in NACDL is good for the profession and it’s the right thing to do. NACDL is an effective advocate, in the legislatures and in the courts, for indigent defense and fairer sentencing practices, and for helping to end overcriminalization and the death penalty.
Want to know more? Call the membership hotline at 202-872-4001 or write to email@example.com.
See what NACDL members say about us
Ready to join? See one of the two options below.
Downloadable PDF Application
Please Note: Annual Dues may be
deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense for federal income tax purposes. NADCL estimates
that 12% of your total membership dues are allocable to lobbying activities of
the Association and therefore not deductible for income tax purposes as
ordinary and necessary business expense. $90 of annual dues applies to a
one-year subscription to The Champion. Contributions to the
Foundation for Criminal Justice are fully tax-deductible.