Home | Agenda | Faculty | Hotel | Travel Scholarships | Register
This is a grant-funded training and is free of charge to approved applicants (a minimal CLE fee is charged by some states for credit). A limited number of travel scholarships are available for lawyers handling post-conviction claims.
TO APPLY: Please email (attached as a Word Document or PDF) or fax a brief letter which describes your interest in the training, need for the travel scholarship, and which specifically addresses all the factors below, along with a registration form to: Vanessa Antoun at firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (202) 872-8690
You MUST include the following in your letter to be considered and may wish to number your responses accordingly. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- The office, firm or organization where you work, including the location, number of lawyers in your office, and whether other lawyers in your office do post-conviction work.
- The context in which you handle post-conviction cases (public defender, court appointed, innocence project, clinic, etc.).
- How much of your caseload is comprised of post-conviction matters and/or innocence claims.
- Please let me know if you are a supervisor, trainer or can otherwise share what you learn with others in your office or your defense colleagues.
- Provide a brief statement regarding financial need: Your office’s ability (or inability) to pay for all or part of your travel expenses, including whether you would require a full or partial travel scholarship (partial would be, for example, just lodging or just airfare). If applicable to the structure of your office it is preferable, but not required, for a supervisor to verify this through a brief statement emailed or faxed to me that your office lacks sufficient funds, has a ban on out of state travel, etc. Small firm or solo practitioners can provide a short statement regarding your need for scholarship funds.
Please contact Vanessa Antoun if you have any questions about travel scholarships or the training program. email@example.com or (202) 465-7663.