A criminal trial is a battle of competing narratives; the defense must attack and refute the prosecution’s attempts to tell a story of guilt by utilizing a persuasive and effective cross-examination that paints your client's story of innocence. In this 13-Episode NACDL Web Series, nationally recognized experts and seasoned practitioners will share their proven and time-tested methods for effective advanced cross-examination. You will learn how to tailor your cross to complement and highlight your theory of the case, as well as advance the story of your client’s innocence through opposing witnesses. You will hone your cross-examination skills and learn to apply them across the board in your trial practice, from preparation to taking down that snitch or forensic expert on your way to an acquittal! The faculty will guide you through the potentially dangerous and troubled waters of cross-examination, and give you the skills and techniques to confront, control, and conquer the prosecutions' witnesses.
DATES: Available any time
DURATION: Approx. 13 hours
CLE: This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized.
REGISTRANTS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO ALL 13 EPISODES FOR 21 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
Watch a 15-minute preview before purchasing: [Watch now]
- Cross Examination of the Adult Complainant in a Sexual Assault Case - Jason Downs
- Cross of the Mental Health Expert - Marcia Shein
- Cross-Examining the Police Officer: Asking the Questions that Let the Jury See Bias - Ian Wallach
- Crossing the Forensic Examiner in a Child Sexual Assault Case - Kathleen Stilling
- Practical & Tactical Tips for Using Technology to Improve Your Cross-Examination at Trial - Shazzie Naseem
- Challenges to Your Expert, Combatting Cross-Examination and the State’s Use of an Eyewitness Identification Expert - Ilona Coleman
- Cross-Examination in Eyewitness Identification Cases - Bridget Krause
- Cross-Examination of the State's Expert - Collette Tvedt & Chris Wells
- Using Cross-Examination to Unlock Mysterious Experts in DUI Cases - W. Troy McKinney
- Challenging Officer Credibility in Drug Cases - Jennifer Sellitti
- Cross of an Expert on Competency - Iris Eytan
- Cross Examination, the Lawyer’s Opportunity to Testify - William 'Bill' Kirk
- Impeaching the Witness - Jason Downs
Members of NACDL enjoy exclusive registration rates for our seminars along with all the benefits from joining.
|ALL NACDL Members||$119|
Code of Conduct
NACDL endeavors to foster a working, learning, and social environment free of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and insult. To that end, NACDL has adopted a Code of Conduct for Affiliated Persons that applies to all attendees and participants of any kind at all NACDL sponsored events.Learn More