In this 7-Episode NACDL Web Series, you will learn the science and theory behind false confessions; experts in the field will discuss how law enforcement interrogators coerce false confessions, while experienced trial lawyers will outline winning cross-examination techniques, trial strategies, and how to select a jury that can best accept your theory of the case.
DATES: Available any time
DURATION: Approx. 7 hours
CLE: This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently eligible for credit in the following states: Alabama (pending), Alaska (6.25), Arizona (6.25), Arkansas (6.25), California (6.25), Colorado (7.0), Connecticut (6.25), Georgia (pending), Illinois (6.25), Indiana (6.3), Maine (pending), Mississippi (pending), Missouri (7.0), Montana (6.25), New Hampshire (6.25), New Jersey (pending), New Mexico (6.25), New York (7.0), North Carolina (pending), North Dakota (6.25), Oregon (6.25), Pennsylvania (6), South Carolina (pending), Vermont (6.25), Virgin Islands (7.0).
REGISTRANTS WILL HAVE ACCESS TO ALL 7 EPISODES FOR 21 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
WATCH a brief preview before purchasing [HERE]
- Interrogations & False Confessions: Conclusions from Psychological Science | Prof. Iris Blandon-Gitlin, Ph.D
- Understanding and Litigating Common Police Interrogation Methods | Steve Drizin and Laura Nirider
- The Not-So-False Confession: Fighting Like Hell on the Motion to Suppress | Maria Hawilo
- Attacking the Reliability of a Confession or Witness Statement - A Police Perspective | James Trainum
- Strategies for Crossing the Cops in a Confession Case | Deja Vishny
- From Confession to Acquittal: In-Depth Trial Strategies for the Confession Case | Andrew Vail and Terri Mascherin
- Jury Selection in a False Confessions Case | Elizabeth 'Libby' Fischer
- Prof. Iris Blandon-Gitlin, Ph.D.
- Steve Drizin
- Elizabeth 'Libby' Fischer
- Maria Hawilo
- Terri Mascherin
- Laura Nirider
- James Trainum
- Andrew Vail
- Deja Vishny
Members of NACDL enjoy exclusive registration rates for our seminars along with all the benefits from joining.
|ALL NACDL Members||$89|
Code of Conduct
NACDL endeavors to foster a working, learning, and social environment free of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and insult. To that end, NACDL has adopted a Code of Conduct for Affiliated Persons that applies to all attendees and participants of any kind at all NACDL sponsored events.Learn More