Make the case...for your client's life! NACDL's Making the Case for Life virtual web training is designed to help capital defenders, investigators, and mitigation specialists. Participants will hear cutting-edge presentations regarding pretrial investigations, capital jury selection, new perspectives on discovering the story of the client and mitigation evidence. Viewers will learn from seasoned capital trial lawyers, nationally-known law professors, and jury consultants, who will offer their personal perspectives, advice, and proven strategies for making the best case for life. If you are handling or may handle a case in which your client is facing the death penalty, then this is a must-watch virtual program.
DATES: Access any time
Webinar DURATION: Approx. 11 hours
CLE: This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently eligible for CLE credits in the following states: Arizona (11), Arkansas (11), California (11), Colorado (13), Connecticut (11), DC (11), Florida (13), Idaho (10.75), Illinois (10.75), Maryland (11), Michigan (11), Minnesota (10.50), Missouri (13 of self-study), Montana (5), New Mexico (11), North Carolina (10.75), Oregon (10.5), Pennsylvania (11.5), South Carolina (8), Virginia (9.5).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Webinar link will be sent to you in a confirmation email. REGISTRANTS WILL HAVE 21 days to complete the entire program.
WATCH a 15-minute preview before purchasing: https://youtu.be/cs_QEQ4c850
1. Waking up to Justice: Death Penalty Work and the Deepest, Most Compelling Spiritual Adventure of my Life – Sister Helen Prejean (New Orleans, LA)
2. Trying the Case With Your Heart: Making the Jury Care – Richard Jaffe (Birmingham, AL)
3. Knowing What You Don't Know: Investigating a Capital Case – Marc Bookman (Philadelphia, PA)
4. Aggressive Investigation in Capital Cases – Richard Kammen (Indianapolis, IN)
5. Preparing for What's Next: Creative Motions Practice in a Capital Case – Marc Bookman (Philadelphia, PA)
6. Combining Non-Capital and Capital Voir Dire – Richard Kammen (Indianapolis, IN)
7. Colorado Voir Dire Method – Tamara Brady (Greeley, CO) & David Wymore (Boulder, CO)
8. Storytelling for Life – Chris Adams (Charleston, SC)
9. Staking Out the Story - The Path to Life – Richard Jasper (New York, NY)
10. Mental Health as Mitigation – Tamara Brady (Greeley, CO)
11. Making RICO Work For You in a Capital Case by Frontloading Mitigation – Richard Jasper (New York, NY)
- Chris Adams (Charleston, SC)
- Marc Bookman (Philadelphia, PA)
- Tamara Brady (Greeley, CO)
- Richard Jaffe (Birmingham, AL)
- Richard Jasper (New York, NY)
- Richard Kammen (Indianapolis, IN)
- Sister Helen Prejean (New Orleans, LA)
- David Wymore (Boulder, CO)
This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently pending in all states that allow self-study credits.
Members of NACDL enjoy exclusive registration rates for our seminars along with all the benefits from joining.
|Regular, Life, and Sustaining Members||$169|
|ALL Public Defenders||$129|
|ALL Mitigation Specialists||$149|
|Groups of 4 or more PDs (must register at the same time; 1 payment; no changes or cancellations allowed). To register a group, please visit: http://www.nacdl.org/PDGroups||$119|
|PURCHASE A COPY ON DVD||Order|
Code of Conduct
NACDL endeavors to foster a working, learning, and social environment free of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and insult. To that end, NACDL has adopted a Code of Conduct for Affiliated Persons that applies to all attendees and participants of any kind at all NACDL sponsored events.Learn More