Make the case...for your client's life! NACDL's Making the Case for Life virtual web training is designed to help capital defenders, investigators, and mitigation specialists. Participants will hear cutting-edge presentations regarding pretrial investigations, capital jury selection, new perspectives on discovering the story of the client and mitigation evidence. Viewers will learn from seasoned capital trial lawyers, nationally-known law professors, and jury consultants, who will offer their personal perspectives, advice, and proven strategies for making the best case for life. If you are handling or may handle a case in which your client is facing the death penalty, then this is a must-watch virtual program.
DATES: Access any time
Webinar DURATION: Approx. 11 hours
CLE: This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently eligible for CLE credits in the following states: Arizona (11), Arkansas (11), California (11), Colorado (13), Connecticut (11), DC (11), Florida (13), Georgia (11), Idaho (10.75), Illinois (10.75), Iowa (10.75), Kentucky (10.75), Maryland (11), Michigan (11), Minnesota (10.50), Mississippi (10.8), Missouri (13 of self-study), Montana (5), New Mexico (11), North Carolina (10.75), Oklahoma (13), Oregon (10.5), Pennsylvania (11), South Carolina (8), Tennessee (10.7), Texas (11), Utah (11), Virginia (9.5).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Webinar link will be sent to you in a confirmation email. REGISTRANTS WILL HAVE 21 days to complete the entire program.
WATCH a 15-minute preview before purchasing: https://youtu.be/cs_QEQ4c850
1. Waking up to Justice: Death Penalty Work and the Deepest, Most Compelling Spiritual Adventure of my Life – Sister Helen Prejean (New Orleans, LA)
2. Trying the Case With Your Heart: Making the Jury Care – Richard Jaffe (Birmingham, AL)
3. Knowing What You Don't Know: Investigating a Capital Case – Marc Bookman (Philadelphia, PA)
4. Aggressive Investigation in Capital Cases – Richard Kammen (Indianapolis, IN)
5. Preparing for What's Next: Creative Motions Practice in a Capital Case – Marc Bookman (Philadelphia, PA)
6. Combining Non-Capital and Capital Voir Dire – Richard Kammen (Indianapolis, IN)
7. Colorado Voir Dire Method – Tamara Brady (Greeley, CO) & David Wymore (Boulder, CO)
8. Storytelling for Life – Chris Adams (Charleston, SC)
9. Staking Out the Story - The Path to Life – Richard Jasper (New York, NY)
10. Mental Health as Mitigation – Tamara Brady (Greeley, CO)
11. Making RICO Work For You in a Capital Case by Frontloading Mitigation – Richard Jasper (New York, NY)
- Chris Adams (Charleston, SC)
- Marc Bookman (Philadelphia, PA)
- Tamara Brady (Greeley, CO)
- Richard Jaffe (Birmingham, AL)
- Richard Jasper (New York, NY)
- Richard Kammen (Indianapolis, IN)
- Sister Helen Prejean (New Orleans, LA)
- David Wymore (Boulder, CO)
This training may be eligible for self-study CLE credit, where authorized. The program is currently pending in all states that allow self-study credits.
Members of NACDL enjoy exclusive registration rates for our seminars along with all the benefits from joining.
|Regular, Life, and Sustaining Members||$169|
|ALL Public Defenders||$129|
|ALL Mitigation Specialists||$149|
|Groups of 4 or more PDs (must register at the same time; 1 payment; no changes or cancellations allowed). To register a group, please visit: http://www.nacdl.org/PDGroups||$119|
|PURCHASE A COPY ON DVD||Order|
Code of Conduct
NACDL endeavors to foster a working, learning, and social environment free of harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and insult. To that end, NACDL has adopted a Code of Conduct for Affiliated Persons that applies to all attendees and participants of any kind at all NACDL sponsored events.Learn More