NACDL strives to assist you with your legislative and advocacy efforts through a variety of resources.
We are at your service to assist you in identifying an affiliate in your state interested in working on a particular piece of legislation or helping put out an alert on an issue you are supporting or attempting to defeat.
Here is just a sample of our offerings:
- The State Criminal Justice Network (SCJN) listserv is the only listserv NACDL manages that does not require membership in NACDL to access. Through the listserv, Network members share and seek information on a variety of criminal justice issues from knowledgeable colleagues. To join, please send your name and full contact information here.
- Action Alert Information Template. This template ensures that we gather all the information required to set-up an alert in NACDL’s State Tracking system for a coherent and effective message.
- NACDL Witness Fund is available to affiliate members who seek to bring in a witness to testify at a legislative hearing or commission meeting. Funds are limited and require an application that can be requested from Angelyn.
- Bill tracking service. We can track legislation on any criminal justice issue pending in a state or several states.
- SCJN National Advocacy Calls on Developing Legislation
- Providing grassroots advocacy training and logistical support for advocacy events.
- Assistance in conducting outreach to underserved communities and unlikely allies.
In addition, there are external resources that could be useful to you
Thomas State Legislature Website
We hope that you utilize these resources and that they aid you in your legislative and advocacy efforts. As always, please feel free to contact Angelyn C. Frazer, Director of State Legislative Affairs and Special Projects if you have any questions or concerns.