What is the NACDL State Criminal Justice Network (SCJN)?
The day to day work of state level criminal justice reform is supported by committed individuals and organizations including lawyers, judges, advocates, formerly incarcerated individuals, policymakers (on both sides of the aisle), and even district attorneys and members of the law enforcement community. The State Criminal Justice Network (SCJN) is represented by just a few of these entities including representatives from NACDL state affiliates, affiliate lobbyists, public defenders, advocates and individuals, working to promote progressive criminal justice reform in their jurisdictions.
NACDL’s unique State Criminal Justice Network (SCJN) provides a medium to exchange information, share resources, and develop strategies for promoting rational and humane criminal justice policies. In addition, it seeks to educate the general public about the many issues that influence, and policies that affect the criminal justice system.
SCJN’s listserve does not require membership in the organization. To join the Network, please contact NACDL’s State Legislative Affairs Director Angelyn C. Frazer at (202) 465-7642 or via email at email@example.com.
What is its purpose?
- To facilitate communication on substantive issues and advocacy strategies among legislative contacts across the country and through international affiliates.
- To create national momentum and attention to high-priority criminal justice reform initiatives.
- To provide resources and support to members in the form of legislative alerts, bill tracking, model legislation, news updates, and more.
What benefits does it provide?
- Networking with other advocates across the country.
- Access to the State Criminal Justice Network State Criminal Justice listserve
- Advice and support on a variety of state-level criminal justice issues.
- Advocacy training at the annual State Criminal Justice Network Conference generally occurring in conjunction with NACDL's Annual Meeting.
- Invitation and access to other training events including, teleconferences and webinars on key criminal justice issues throughout the year.
Who is the NACDL staff contact for the State Criminal Justice Network?
Angelyn C. Frazer, State Legislative Affairs Director
Mailing Address: 1660 L St., NW, 12th Floor, Washington, DC 20036
Fax: (202) 872-8690.
How can I find out who is the legislative contact for a particular state?
- Visit the Affiliates Contacts page here
How do I send information or a question out to all Network Members?