- 2/18/2014 - Executive Director - Death Penalty Abolition Campaign, DEADLINE: March 7, 2014.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the oversight, coordination, and focused implementation of the Death Penalty Abolition Campaign. In addition to providing overall campaign vision, leadership, and daily management, the ideal candidate will have the appropriate legal and political experience to advance an ambitious public policy agenda, implement successful fundraising and communications plans, and expand and energize existing efforts underway to abolish the death penalty....more
- 2/18/2014 - Executive Director - Neighborhood Justice Center, St. Paul Minnesota, DEADLINE: March 7, 2014.
Neighborhood Justice Center is seeking an Executive Director. Neighborhood Justice Center is a legal service corporation that has been providing criminal defense services, with a focus on communities of color, since 1973. The Executive Director is responsible for agency administration, staff supervision and personnel decisions. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and carries a criminal caseload, applies for funding and attends community meetings....more
- 02/18/2014 - Federal Public Defender - U.S. Courts-9th Circuit, Central District of California, DEADLINE: May 1, 2014 COB.
The 9th Circuit, Central District of California, is seeking a Federal Public Defender for $157,000 a year, 4 year appointment, subject to reappointment. Full announcement and application is available here or contact email@example.com.
- 1/14/2014 - Research and Writing Specialist - The Office of the Federal Defender for the District of Minnesota, DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
The Office of the Federal Defender for the District of Minnesota is accepting applications for the position of Research and Writing Specialist. The office represents indigent persons charged with federal criminal offenses at both the district court and appellate levels. The position available is primarily a research and writing position....more
- 1/10/2014 - Federal Defender - U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, DEADLINE: February 24, 2014.
The United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit is accepting applications from all qualified applicants for the position of Federal Defender for the Central District of Illinois headquartered in Peoria. The Federal Defender provides federal criminal defense services to individuals inable to afford counsel. The courts are an equal opportunity employer....more
- 8/15/2013 - Student Volunteers (Division-wide) - DOJ, DEADLINE: Changes for each semester.
The Division offers competitive student volunteer internship positions in Washington, D.C. each academic semester, including the summer, for both law and undergraduate students. These positions are volunteer (without compensation) but may be used for work-study credit. The Division also participates - subject to budget restrictions - in the Pathways Program, which provides paid internship opportunities for students. Information about eligibility and the application process for volunteer and paid student internship opportunities can be found here.