- 10/23/2014 - Executive Director, Michigan Indigent Defense Commission - Lansing, MI, DEADLINE: November 14, 2014.
The Michigan Indigent Defense Commission (MIDC) is looking for qualified applicants to serve as its first Executive Director. The position is appointed and supervised by the MIDC, and is responsible for developing and overseeing reforms to Michigan's public defense system consistent with the Michigan indigent defense commission act....more
- 10/23/2014 - Director, Frank J. Remington Center and Clinical Professor of Law, University of Wisconsin - Madison, WI, DEADLINE: November 14, 2014.
The primary job responsibility of the director is to oversee the operation and development of the Remington Center's programs. The law school is in the midst of a strategic planning process. The director of the Remington Center will be expected to help the Center meet the goals of the newly minted strategic plan and to continue to refine its mission of excellence in education, service, scholarship, and law reform....more
- 10/17/2014 - Director of Campaign to End Mass Incarceration, ACLU Affiliate Support and Advocacy Department - New York, NY, DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
The Director of the Campaign to End Mass Incarceration will lead a nationwide team to develop and execute state-based campaigns to reform the criminal justice system, working in close partnership with ACLU affiliates, state and national coalition partners, and impacted communities. The multi-disciplinary campaign team will include expertise in legislative and ballot campaigns, field, strategic communications, research, and criminal justice policy....more
- 10/02/2014 - Chief Public Defender - Bexar County, TX, DEADLINE: October 31, 2014.
Bexar County is currently looking for a Chief Public Defender. The Chief Public Defender is a licensed attorney responsible for the legal and administrative management and supervision of the Bexar County Public Defender's Office. The Chief is appointed by the Commissioners Court, upon recommendation of the Public Defender Oversight Board. Bexar County is home to the City of San Antonio, one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States....more
- 9/29/2014 - Chief Public Defender - Tulsa County, OK, DEADLINE: November 7, 2014.
Tulsa County District Court is seeking an experienced professional to manage the County's Public Defender's Office. Applications, additional pages and attachments must be submitted by email in pdf format. All applications must be received no later than 5:00 P.M. on Friday, November 7, 2014....more
- 7/23/2014 - Attorney II - Dependencies, The The Mohave County Public Defender's Office - Kingman, Arizona, DEADLINE: Continuous.
The Mohave County Public Defender's Office is currently recruiting for an Attorney II-Dependencies. This position will defend parents facing removal of their children following filing by the state of a court petition alleging parental abuse or neglect. Also will represent children in unrelated juvenile delinquency cases as assigned....more
- 7/23/2014 - Attorney IV, The The Mohave County Public Defender's Office - Kingman, Arizona, DEADLINE: Continuous.
The Mohave County Public Defender's Office is currently recruiting for an Attorney IV (Supervising/Lead Attorney). Performs complex professional seasoned (practiced or skilled) or advanced journey level legal work through either representing the assigned department in conducting complex research, litigation, and/or defense work. As a Senior/Supervising Attorney, incumbent is involved in planning and directing the work of a major unit responsible for providing complex professional legal services in a specialized area....more
- 7/18/2014 - Criminal Defense Supervising Attorney/Team Leader, The Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem (NDS) - New York, New York, DEADLINE: Open Until Filled.
The Neighborhood Defender Service of Harlem (NDS) is a community-based, client-centered, holistic public defender office located in Harlem, providing criminal, civil, and family representation. NDS Clients are represented by multidisciplinary teams. NDS is accepting applications for the position of Supervising Attorney/Team Leader with the Criminal Defense Team....more