The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) is currently accepting applications for a Strategic Marketing and Product Sales Associate.
The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) is currently accepting applications to immediately fill an entry-level Strategic Marketing and Product Sales Associate position. The Strategic Marketing and Product Sales Associate will support the Associate Executive Director for Programs and the Director of Sales and Marketing in the advertising, marketing, and sales of professional development products, programs, and member services to educate and benefit the criminal defense bar. Primary duties include identifying new markets for potential sales opportunities, promoting educational and professional development programs including live continuing education seminars, self-study products, e-learning, publication resources, and developing relevant and effective marketing campaigns using direct mail, new media, and social networking. Additionally, the Strategic Marketing and Product Sales Associate will assist the Sales and Marketing Director with market research, acquisition of new vendors, and maintenance of existing vendor relations in an effort to increase non-dues revenue streams.
The ideal candidate must be ambitious with an entrepreneurial spirit, excel in interpersonal communication skills, be well-versed in using and implementing modern marketing strategies, and possess superior understanding of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Some travel required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct ongoing market research studies and analysis to understand the evolving needs of the criminal defense bar
- Assist with the development of new channels for sales of products, services, and programming
- Identify, develop, implement, and evaluate marketing and sales campaigns to promote programs and products
- Work closely with all internal departments and outside stakeholders to ensure synergistic and effective marketing collateral and campaigns.
- Track response rates of campaigns, run queries, write reports
- Research, build, and maintain a variety of mailing lists to market products and increase vendor acquisition
- Develop and implement e-marketing and social networking campaigns
Product Development and Sales:
- Assist in product development and the marketing of CLE programming, legal publications, and CLE product line
- Oversee sales inquiries for product purchases
- Research and identify new markets for multimedia products
- Develop marketing materials and campaigns to promote sales of products
- Track and maintain product sales statistics and reports
- Conceptualize new product development
- Coordinate and promote online educational content (webinars, web casts, etc.)
- Oversee email marketing campaigns promoting products and services
- Manage product sales at conferences
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related concentration
- Well-versed in new media and social networking
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of HTML preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to cultivate relationships with third parties and vendors
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter with desired salary requirement range, and a resume as PDF files by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Strategic Marketing Associate Position." If your word processor is older than Word 2010 or you are otherwise unable to save to PDF, please submit in .doc or .docx format.
Please format attachment filenames as "1. Lastname, Firstname - Resume," "2. Lastname, Firstname - Cover Letter," etc.
Deadline: The position is open immediately. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.